Monday, October 29, 2007

Smile and Press on!

Hello hall 2! Its me again! Yesterday I just ran the New Balance Real Run and honestly I almost died running. Well for those of you who are not familiar, the real run is basically a cross terrain running challenge. It is 15km long, running on sand, grass and this year an airport runway strip. The Sunday morning sun was really unforgiving and relentless. Just starting out I felt the heat beating down on me (I’ve my sock tan line as proof), furthermore my preparations for this race was the best I could make out with the time I had. You could literally see the heat rising from the surface of the tarmac, a long straight runway where you couldn’t see the end. Not to mention when I hit the sand. Hahaha it was treacherous!! I’m not here to boast or say I brave the heat and blasted off to a glorious and victorious finish, in truth, I struggled all the way. I was so tempted to give up but what I did was give myself a smile (though I was really dying) and pressed on trudging my way slowly but surly to the finish line.

For most of you the exams are around the corner with either two or three weeks left to prepare. Here I just want to urge you all not give up no matter how you feel. Give yourself a smile and press on with your studies. Personally I feel, like with running, sometimes it is not how fast u run or what your ‘pole position’ is, it is the courage to take on the race and your spirit that preservers and carries you cross the finish line. Like for the coming exams, your results aren’t the end, they are merely a means to one. So press on everyone and all the best!! Study hard we’d see each other at the finish line! STAY POSITIVE EVERYONE!!!!


-Shawn Chua

0 comments :

WELCOME TO HALL OF RESIDENCE 2