Wednesday, November 7, 2007

In faith or in fear

Greetings everyone! How have things been this exam period? Well my message today is a rather simple. How have u been coping with your exams? Have u been driven by fear or by faith? This message might sound rather philosophical but do bear with me and I hope it encourages you all to continue to press forward towards your exams!

Many of our actions are motivated by fear. Fear rejection; fear of loneliness and of course the fear of failure. Most of the time when motivated by fear or when we respond to our fear it results in substandard performance, and poor outcomes. Conversely when we are motivated by a hope and a faith, things are often a lot more positive and fruitful.

My challenge to everyone today is to be find that faith to press on for your exams. Honestly I am petrified on the prospects of these coming exams but yet though this period I’ve experienced many encouraging moments that have shifted my fears into faith. For one think of your family that is supporting you all the time. My mum always prepares the best meals when I get home during the weekends to encourage me knowing I’ve had a hard week. The friends around me in hall that give me words of encouragement and jio me to study. My buddies that aren’t here with me will still give a ring to share a few lighthearted moments and remind me that exams are means to an end and not the end itself. All these small actions mean the word when view in the right perspective and gives you that energizing faith, a positive force of motivation that spurs you to give your best.

To end off, count your blessing, find that positive motivation and all the best for your coming exams!!

-Shawn Chua

0 comments :

WELCOME TO HALL OF RESIDENCE 2